Check out our calendar for upcoming OK2BME groups and other LGBTQ community events. If you have an event you want to add to our calendar, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Day of Pink 2020
April 8, 2020
About the Day:
Not to be confused with Pink Shirt Day
The Day of Pink is the international day against bullying, discrimination, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and transmisogyny. The day is usually marked by wearing a pink shirt and by organizing activities in workplaces, schools and communities.
The Day of Pink site has some great ideas and resources for planning your events. Please share your plans and pictures with us on Facebook and Twitter so we can show the world that we won’t tolerate harassment and discrimination.
Ideas to mark this day in your classroom or GSA:
- Visit http://dayofpink.org/ and check out their website for more information (check out their buttons and free stuff!)
- Borrow a button maker and have your students make their own anti bullying buttons. OK2BME has a button machine if you need borrow one!
- Have a bake sale and raise money for your school or a local charity that works to stop bullying
- Invite in a guest speaker
- Arrive early to school and have students write positive messages in chalk leading up to the school before the other students arrive
- Have a Pink Shirt Day Decoration Contest
- Educate students and staff on the effects of homo/bi/transphobia in your schools by having your students create/lead a presentation on this topic