Check out our calendar for upcoming OK2BME groups and other LGBTQ community events. If you have an event you want to add to our calendar, email email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
World AIDS Day 2019
December 1, 2019
This is an opportunity for people worldwide to unite in the fight against HIV/AIDS, show their support for people living with HIV and to commemorate people who have died.
Ideas to mark this day in your classroom or GSA:
- Visit the World AIDS Day website to get more information and learn about the history of the day
- Contact ACCKWA’s Speaker Bureau and ask for a guest speaker to come in
- Ask SHORE or ACCKWA to come to teach youth about safer sex practices
- Ask students to research the history of HIV/AIDS
- Listen to CBC podcast, “When AIDS came to town: the divisive history of Devine Lake”