Public Education Series on LGBTQ+ Inclusivity, by Wash Silk
For more than 12 years, KW Counselling Services has offered counselling services to LGBTQ+ people, and public education on LGBTQ+ issues, through our OK2BME program. We’re excited to announce a new OK2BME Public Education Series consisting of seven half-day workshops that will be held at the KW Counselling Services offices at 480 Charles Street East. These workshops will be free to attend but space is limited so pre-registration at https://ok2bmelearning.eventbrite.ca is required.
The workshops will be presented by OK2BME staff who all hold a Masters degree and have many years of experience delivering engaging and educational workshops to diverse professionals, community members and students in middle school, high school and university. The topics being offered in this first series of education sessions include:
- Becoming an LGBTQ+-Inclusive Agency: Bill C-16, An Act to amend the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code
- Key Clinical Practices for Supporting Transgender Individuals
- Key Clinical Practices for Supporting LGBQ+ Individuals
- Trans 101; Supporting LGBTQ+ Families, including Bill 89
- Key Mental Health Considerations for LGBTQ+ Seniors
- Supporting LGBTQ+ Students’ Success in Schools
The full list of workshops is now available at https://ok2bme.ca/services/public-education-training-and-consultation/.
We’re able to offer this public education series thanks to a Grow Grant we received for OK2BME from the Ontario Trillium Foundation and we are extremely grateful for the support of the Trillium Foundation for our work with the LGBTQ+ community.
Outside of this in-house public education series, training and consultation can be requested for a fee. To request a training session, or for more information, contact OK2BME Coordinator, Washington Silk at email@example.com or 519.884.0000 x213.