Resources During the State of Emergency, By Washington Silk
We know it might suck right now that we are closed and not able to provide the support that we regularly do. If you are in need of support right now we wanted to share a few resources that may helpful to you.
- While we are social distancing ourselves it is still important to remain in contact with our community, friends and loved ones. Reach out via phone or online to connect.
- If you are having a mental health crisis you can contact Here 24/7 at 1.844.437.3247 or online at https://here247.ca/
- If you want to talk other LGBTQ2+ youth who might get what you are going through you can reach out to YouthLine. Call 1.800.268.9688 or text 647.694.4275. Please note they are only available during certain times.
- CHAT LIVE with someone who gets it at https://www.imalive.org/
There is always Kids Help Phone at 1.800.668.6868
- The Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region has a 24/7 support line: 519.741.8633
Practice Self Care!
You likely already are doing lots to take care of yourself right now if you need some extra support or resources right, check out the resources below:
- You Feel Like Shit
This game guides you through a series of questions that help you practice self care.
It’s especially useful for people who struggle with self care, executive dysfunction, and/or reading internal signals. It’s designed to take as much of the weight off of you as possible, so each decision is very easy and doesn’t require much judgment.
2. A Queer Trans Mentally Ill Power Fantasy Game
“Today when you get up in the morning you find that your body has been replaced with a glittering iridescent mecha suit encrusted with every nice message you’ve ever been sent…”
A 60 second mediation to help clear your mind!
SuperBetter builds resilience – the ability to stay strong, motivated and optimistic even in the face of change and difficult challenges. Playing SuperBetter unlocks heroic potential to overcome tough situations and achieve goals that matter most.
5. HELLO, CRUEL WORLD LITE : BETA 1.0.1 AN OUTLAW S MINI-GUIDE TO SURVIVAL BASICS IN THE 21ST CENTURY BY KATE BORNSTEIN! – There is also a phone app you can check out.