LGBTQ2+ Youth Leadership Group
The OK2BME Leadership Group is an empowering space for young (16-19) LGBTQ2+ people to come together and hone their own leadership skills, see ideas come to life and contribute to the community.
Among other things the group will be responsible for helping to plan our annual Gender and Sexuality Conference, a one day community building, brave space conference for LGBTQ2+ youth to come together and learn. The Leadership Group is made up of eight to ten youth between the ages of 16-19 and lead by two youth leaders and two OK2BME staff members.
The Leadership Group will be committed to working September through March, with bi-weekly two hour meetings. All members must be on site for the GSA Conference. After March a new leadership group may start.
Leadership Group tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Gender and Sexuality Awareness Conference
- Supporting the voices and interests of local LGBTQ2+ youth to help develop youth centered programming
- At the GSA Conference facilitate a workshop (a grade 7-8 social, grade 9-10 social, grade 11-12 social)
- Tell us why you are interested in this group!
- You can do this in a video, drawing, paragraph, blog, etc.
- Send to: email@example.com with subject line: leadership
- Deadline: September 4th
We are looking for two youth leaders to help steer the group. These leaders will take on extra leadership responsibilities and receive an honourarium for their work. Applications for these positions are due by August 4th